Tuesday 28 October 2008

Insight, On My Mind

"I can't believe I got here
Or how long it took" (Mike Scott)

Sometimes a journey from A to B can take you through Z. And sometimes B wasn't the place you expected to end up. I'm finding the most logical explanation is that it is how it is meant to happen, and that, inevitably, there will be something discovered along the journey which is needed at its end, perhaps something which makes sense of the end.

In my mind's eye I see myself filling in a jigsaw puzzle, and each person in my life hands me a piece, sometimes more than one. To start with, like most jigsaw puzzles, it doesn't seem to fit together, I don't seem able to judge the dimensions, decide which way is up, or tell what it's going to look like when finished. Finding the corners was the first task,and then building the frame of the edges. Those pieces need to hold together firmly, fence in the mess of pieces which will be needed to complete the picture, give it strength and form, but they are not enough to be able to identify the final result, they are the essential groundwork.

Now I'm beginning to realise that every person is giving me a piece with a picture of themselves on it, they are all part of me and all part of what I will find at the end of my journey, as well as sustenance of spirit, peace, love, energy, faith, and hope. Enough of the pieces are now in place for me to see what I am to become, and to see how small and great a step it is from where I started.

No comments: