Sunday 28 September 2008

On Demand

I'm rescheduling.
It's all the rage, the latest freedom. There's the tv advert telling me I can watch yesterday's tv today, today's tv tomorrow, download it as it's convenient, pause live programmes to suit my timetable.
Entertainment on demand, is it a new thing? At the moment I'm reading two books on demand, "Simply Christian" and "Never Let Me Go", and not making much progress with either. In fact, I'm paused more often than I'm played right now. I'm finding it hard work, and not making time for them. It's not that the time doesn't exist, just I'm finding other things to fill it. I have the freedom to be busy in some other way.
Maybe on demand isn't the way forward for me as a person, sometimes there is only one opportunity, and life can't be paused because you can't make the time for it, you just need to flow with it and enjoy the ride. I have the freedom to refuse to conform to time consumerism, to do things when it is appropriate, and not simply when it is convenient.
"your will, not mine"

No comments: