Sunday 28 September 2008

waiting games

My early birthday present is dragging its feet.
I'm waiting for a letter to say I'm approved of, "a good egg" or "one of us", I'm not sure whether or not that's the same thing.
I'm told it's a formality, the person signing the letter doesn't know me, they can't know me, and what is there to know about me that wouldn't meet with their approval? Would I sign it myself, I don't know until I've read what it says. I don't know if the people who have asked for it would sign it, and I don't like to ask.

I'm happy, I could be happier, but then so could everyone. We could always do with a little more, more money, more security, more love, just to cover unexpected difficulties. What kind of unexpected difficulty are you expecting?

I don't know where my journey's leading, I get the feeling if I did know I'd want to be there sooner, and once I get there I'd have nowhere left to go. What do you do when you've finished journeying? So I'm pausing happily, looking back at where I've come from, not at where I might be going to, and glad to be where I am.

No comments: